Bradley Daniel Wanamaker (born July 25, 1989) is an American professional basketball player for the Boston Celtics of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball at the University of Pittsburgh. Wanamaker earned an All-EuroLeague Second Team selection in 2017.
High school career
Born in Philadelphia, Wanamaker went to Roman Catholic High School in his hometown, where he played high school basketball. He was named the Philadelphia Daily News' Player of the Year as a high school senior.
Wanamaker then went on to play college basketball at the University of Pittsburgh, where he played with the Pittsburgh Panthers, under head coach Jamie Dixon. In his four years at Pitt, Wanamaker scored 1,090 points. As a senior, he was named an honorable mention NCAA Men's Basketball All-American, by the Associated Press.
After going undrafted in the 2011 NBA draft, Wanamaker split time in the 2011–12 season between two Italian clubs (Banca Teramo Basket and Fulgor Libertas Forli), before returning to the United States to join the Austin Toros. He joined the Toros just in time to help the team to an NBA Development League title in 2012.
For the 2012–13 season, Wanamaker moved to Limoges of France's top league, the LNB Pro A, where he averaged 9.0 points and 3.4 rebounds per game. The following season, he returned to Italy and signed with Giorgio Tesi Pistoia of Lega Basket Serie A.
On July 2, 2014, Wanamaker signed with Brose Baskets of Germany's Basketball Bundesliga. With Bamberg, he won the 2014–15 Bundesliga and was also named Finals MVP. On June 23, 2015, Wanamaker re-signed with Bamberg for one more season. In the 2015–16 season, Brose played in the EuroLeague, and had a solid season, in which the team reached the Top 16. In the German BBL, Wanamaker was named the Most Valuable Player, after leading the Bamberg team to a second straight national domestic league championship.
On September 7, 2017, Wanamaker signed a one-year contract with the 2017 EuroLeague champions, Fenerbahçe Doğus. In the 2017–18 EuroLeague season, Fenerbahçe made it to the 2018 EuroLeague Final Four, its fourth consecutive Final Four appearance. Eventually, they lost 85–80 to Real Madrid in the final game. In 36 EuroLeague games, he averaged 11.3 points, 2.7 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game, while shooting 41% on his field goal attempts.
On July 2, 2018, Wanamaker signed a one-year contract with the Boston Celtics. Wanamaker made his NBA debut on October 16, recording 2 points and 1 rebound in a blowout 105–87 win over the Philadelphia 76ers.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
- "Brad Wanamaker Pittsburgh Panthers profile". Pittsburgh Panthers. Retrieved November 19, 2013.
- "Brad Wanamaker Signs With French Team Limoges". SLAM Magazine. August 15, 2012. Retrieved November 19, 2013.
- "French League profile". LNB Pro A. Retrieved November 19, 2013.
- "Brad Wanamaker (ex Limoges) signs at Tuscany Pistoia". Eurobasket.com. August 6, 2013. Retrieved November 19, 2013.
- "Bamberg strenghtens [sic] roster with Duncan and Wanamaker". Welcome to Eurocup.
- "Brad Wanamaker named Beko BBL Finals MVP". Sportando. June 21, 2015.
- "Brose Bamberg extends with Brad Wanamaker and Janis Strelniekis". Sportando. June 23, 2015.
- "Beko BBL - Award Wanamaker und First Team".
- "Beko BBL - Weekly News2". www.easycredit-bbl.de. Retrieved July 21, 2016.
- "Darüşşafaka Doğuş signes Brad Wanamaker". darussafakadogusbasketbol.com. June 23, 2016. Retrieved June 24, 2016.
- "Fenerbahce tabs All-EuroLeague guard Wanamaker". euroleague.net. September 7, 2017. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- "Real Madrid is 2018 EuroLeague champion". euroleague.net. May 20, 2018. Retrieved May 20, 2018.
- "Celtics Sign Brad Wanamaker". NBA.com. July 2, 2018. Retrieved July 2, 2018.