Corruption in the United States
|Corruption by country|
Corruption in the United States is the act of government officials abusing their political powers for private gain, typically through bribery or other methods.
In 2018, Transparency International ranked the United States as the 22nd least corrupt country, falling from 18th since 2016. In 2019, during the Trump Administration, Transparency International stated that the United States is "experiencing threats to its system of checks and balances", along with an "erosion of ethical norms at the highest levels of power.
- American Anti-Corruption Act
- Campaign finance in the United States
- Gerrymandering in the United States
- Health care in the United States
- Iron triangle (US politics)
- Lobbying in the United States
- Military budget of the United States
- Military-industrial complex
- Operation Ill Wind
- Police corruption in New York City
- Prison-industrial complex
- Vote early and vote often
- Voter suppression in the United States
Convictions of government officials
- List of United States federal officials convicted of corruption offenses
- List of United States state officials convicted of federal corruption offenses
- List of United States local officials convicted of federal corruption offenses
Political scandals and crimes
- List of federal political scandals in the United States
- List of federal political sex scandals in the United States
- List of American federal politicians convicted of crimes
- Political scandals in the United States by state or territory
- State and local political sex scandals in the United States
- List of American state and local politicians convicted of crimes
- "Corruption Perceptions Index 2018". Transparency International. January 29, 2019. Retrieved February 24, 2019.
- "Corruption Perceptions Index 2016". Transparency International. January 25, 2017. Retrieved April 10, 2017.
- "Americas: Weakening Democracy and Rise in Populism Hinder Anti-corruption Efforts". Transparency International. January 29, 2019. Retrieved February 24, 2019.
- Genovese, M. A; V. A Farrar-Myers (2010). Corruption and American Politics. Cambria Press. ISBN 978-1-60497-638-0.
- Grossman, M. (2003). Political corruption in America: an encyclopedia of scandals, power, and greed. ABC-CLIO. ISBN 978-1-57607-060-4.
- Teachout, Zephyr. Corruption in America: From Benjamin Franklin's Snuff Box to Citizens United (Harvard University Press, 2014)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Corruption in the United States.|
- United States at the Business Anti-Corruption Portal
- United States at Transparency International
- United States at the Global Corruption Barometer
- Cole, Juan (December 3, 2013). "Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World". Informed Comment. Archived from the original on November 29, 2017. Retrieved May 7, 2017. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|This United States–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|