Cyprus International University
Turkish: Uluslararası Kıbrıs Üniversitesi
|Colors||Maroon and white|
Cyprus International University (CIU; Turkish: Uluslararası Kıbrıs Üniversitesi) is an English-language private university in Northern Cyprus. It is located in the capital, North Nicosia and was established in 1997.
Cyprus International University was established in 1997, as a result of rising interest in higher educational institutions and instruction in English, and in recognition of the increased need for universities which conduct education in foreign languages in Cyprus and other countries in the region.
Cyprus International University is in North Nicosia, the capital of Northern Cyprus; the University is situated 5 km from the city centre, 14 km from the Ercan State Airport, 50 km from the town of Famagusta, and 30 km from the coastal town of Kyrenia.
Faculty of Pharmacy
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Faculty of Fine Arts
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences
Faculty of Communication
Faculty of Engineering
Faculty of Health Sciences
Faculty of Agricultural Sciences and Technologies
- Master Programs
- PhD Programs
- The School of Justice
- Vocational School
- Vocational School of Health Services
- Tourism and Hotel Management
- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Foreign Languages
Cyprus International University is home to the following research centers:
- Center of Environmental Research
- Center of Cyprus Studies
- Center for Social and Strategic Policy Research (CIU CSSPR)
- CIU Center for Underwater Archeology and Imaging
- Center for Cultural Heritage Research
- Biotechnology Research Center
Continuing Education Center
The Continuing Education Center in CIU, is the unit that maintains the arrangement, coordination and execution of education programs which are prepared to be served to society.
The CIU Library provides opportunities for students, academic, and administrative staff to benefit from library services by joining for free. There is a huge collection which consists of books, e-books, journals, magazines, CDs, video tapes, floppy disks, and academic internet sources in the library.
CIU FM 107.2
CIU FM gives the opportunity to the Communication Faculty students to practice; especially in radio programming, broadcasting and radio station management. CIU FM, which provides communication and knowledge exchange between university directory and students, is not only a station that broadcasts music but it also provides cultural knowledge flow to the listeners, and an enjoyable gathering point where social benefits and education are considered. CIU FM aims to be the pioneer station, according to the listening statistics, in the Northern Cyprus.
Cyprus International University is a full member of institutions and organizations such as;
- North Cyprus Higher Education Planning, Evaluation, Accreditation and Coordination Council (YÖDAK)
- Turkish Republic Council of Higher Education (YÖK)
- International Association of Universities (IAU)
- European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR)
- European Association for International Education (EAIE)
- Association of International Educators (NAFSA)
- World Association of Universities and Colleges (WAUC)
- Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World (FUIW)
- European Council for Business Education (ECBE)
- Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Educational (CHRIE)
- International Society for Engineering Education (IGIP)
- National Recognation Information Centre for The United Kingdom (UK NARIC)
- Association for Evaluation and Accreditation of Engineering Programs (MÜDEK)
CIU's student body represents over 64 different countries, and there are a number of student clubs catering to the interests of students outside of pure academy.
CIU Arena which is the first integrated sport complex consists of 7500 m2 indoor and 15.000 m2 outdoor area. The complex which has the capacity of 1710 spectators, consists of a professional and inclusive fitness room, indoor sport hall (1540 capacity), indoor swimming pool (semi- Olympic, 170 capacity), table-tennis, aerobic gall, wall bars, shooting circle, squash, club rooms, cafe, health centre, changing rooms, offices, classrooms etc.