|2023 Buenos Aires|
|Motto||Science, Innovation, Art and Creativity for Human Development. Creative Industries in Digital Convergence|
|Bidding||15 December 2016|
|Awarded||15 November 2017|
|Opening||15 January 2023|
|Closure||15 April 2023|
|Previous||Expo 2017 in Astana|
|Previous||Expo 2020 in Dubai|
|Next||Expo 2025 in Osaka|
|Previous||Floriade 2022 in Almere|
Expo 2023 is an upcoming specialized exhibition to be held in 2023 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The Bureau International des Expositions (BIE) awarded Buenos Aires as the host on November 15, 2017. This will be the first time that a BIE Expo is held in Argentina.
The exhibition will have a theme of “Science, Innovation, Art and Creativity for Human Development. Creative Industries in Digital Convergence” and will take place between 15 January and 15 April 2023.
There were two other bids to host the specialized exhibition. Łódź, Poland submitted the bid with a “City Re:Invented” theme on 15 June 2016.
And Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA submitted a bid with theme “Healthy People, Healthy Planet: Wellness and Well Being for All”.
A secret ballot took place to select the winner at BIE's 162nd General Assembly on 15 November 2017. The first ballot awarded 46 votes to both Buenos Aires and Łódź, with Minnesota gathering only 25 (and 1 abstention). This meant that Minnesota was eliminated and a second round ballot held which gave 62 votes to Buenos Aires and 56 to Łódź.
The "Recognition Dossier" for the Argentine expo was submitted to the BIE on 14 January 2019.
- "Masterplan | Expo 2023 - Argentina - Buenos Aires". Archived from the original on 2017-11-16. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "ExpoBids.com / Bids for Expo 2022 or Expo 2023". Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "Argentina elected host country of Specialised Expo 2023". Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "Republic of Poland submits bid for Specialised Expo 2022". Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "Argentina submits Expo 2023 Recognition Dossier to BIE". Retrieved 16 February 2019.