Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan
Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan (2000, ISBN 978-0-06-019314-0) is a book by Herbert P. Bix covering the reign of Emperor Hirohito of Japan from 1926 until his death in 1989. It won the 2001 Pulitzer Prize for General Non-Fiction.
Much of the information on the book was uncovered by Japanese people who worked with Bix, but that the publishing companies and press in Japan at the time chose not to reveal the information. Bix stated that he did not want the book used as a weapon agains the Japanese people.
- "Pulitzer Prize Winners: General Non-Fiction" (web). pulitzer.org. Retrieved 2008-03-31.
- French, Howard W. (2000-09-12). "ARTS ABROAD; Out From the Shadows of the Imperial Mystique". New York Times.
- Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan at Open Library
- Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan at Google Books
- Presentation by Bix on Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan, September 15, 2000
- Booknotes interview with Bix on Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan, September 2, 2001
- "A Conversation with Herbert Bix". Harper Collins.
|This article about a non-fiction book on Japanese history is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|