This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Public (Borsa Italiana|
|Founded||Ozzano dell'Emilia (1961 )|
|Alberto Vacchi (CEO)|
|Revenue||1,500 million euro |
Number of employees
IMA – Industria Macchine Automatiche S.p.A. is a multinational Italian company based in Bologna, Italy. Established in 1961, IMA Group is a leader in the design and manufacture of automatic machines for the processing and packaging of pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food, tobacco, tea and coffee.
Alberto Vacchi is both president and CEO of the company.
It designs and manufactures automatic machines for the processing and packaging of pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, tea and coffee. It specializes in tea bagging and coffee pod machines, solid dose manufacturing, sterile processing equipment, liquid filling, freeze-drying, labelling, blistering, counting, tube filling, end-of-line and cartoning machines. 
This section needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
It has local production plants in Bologna and Florence in Italy along with other manufacturing sites in Germany, France, Switzerland, Spain, United Kingdom, U.S.A., India, Malaysia and China. More than 5,000 are employed in the company, 2,600 of those work abroad.
Its annual turnover in 2016 was €1.310,55 millions. Its employees number more than 5,000 (with about 2,600 outside of Italy) in 41 manufacturing sites in Italy, Germany, France, Switzerland, Spain, the UK, the USA, India, Malaysia, China and Argentina. Its sales network covers more than 80 countries.
Board of Directors
The board of directors is composed of thirteen members, in office until the approval of the financial statements at 31/12/2020, with Alberto Vacchi in the role of chairman and executive CEO. Marco Vacchi is the honorary president.
On June 14th 2016 the share capital amounts to € 20,415,200.00 and is divided into 39,260,000 ordinary shares with a nominal value of € 0.52
- SO.FI.M.A. Società Finanziaria Macchine Automatiche S.p.A. - 56,789% (22.295.194 shares)
- Hydra S.p.A. - 2,003% (737.665 shares)
- "IMA Financial Report". Retrieved 22 July 2019.
- ima.it Main brands
- "CHI SIAMO IMA". Retrieved 16 October 2016.
- "Ima: concluso con successo l'aumento di capitale, SO.FI.M.A. cede il 5,015% del capitale - LaStampa.it". finanza.lastampa.it.
- "Lopam Fin e Cofiva concentrano in Sofima controllo Ima". Retrieved 5 August 2016.
- Gerevini, Mario. "Bitume, finanza e debiti: ecco tutti gli affari di Vacchi". Corriere della Sera. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
|This Italian corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|