|No. 22 – Canton Charge|
|League||NBA G League|
|Born||June 12, 1994|
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||220 lb (100 kg)|
|High school||Central Park Christian|
|NBA draft||2017 / Undrafted|
|2018||Hapoel Gilboa Galil|
|Career highlights and awards|
JaCorey Williams (born June 12, 1994) is an American basketball player for the Canton Charge of the NBA G League. He played college basketball at Middle Tennessee State University. In 2017 he was named the Conference USA Player of the Year.
A 6'8" power forward, Williams came from Central Park Christian High School in Birmingham, Alabama and originally attended the University of Arkansas. He played three seasons for the Razorbacks, averaging 4.8 points per game in three seasons for the team. In the summer of 2015 he was dismissed from the team after multiple incidents in the offseason.
Williams transferred to Middle Tennessee for his last season of eligibility, where he averaged 17.3 points and 7.3 rebounds per game for the Conference USA champion Blue Raiders, leading the team to the 2017 NCAA Tournament. They upset Minnesota from the Big Ten Conference before falling to Butler. At the close of the season, Williams was named the Conference player of the Year.
Canton Charge (2017–2018)
Williams signed an agreement on June 23, 2017 to play in the NBA Summer League with the defending NBA champions Golden State Warriors. He then signed to join the Cleveland Cavaliers roster for training camp on September 26, 2017. He was waived the next day so that Cleveland could sign new free agent Dwyane Wade. On November 2, 2017, Williams joined the Canton Charge, the Cavaliers' NBA G League team. In 49 games for the Charge, he averaged 15.4 points and 7.5 rebounds per game.
Hapoel Gilboa Galil (2018)
On March 22, 2018, Williams signed with the Israeli team Hapoel Gilboa Galil for the rest of the season. On April 21, 2018, Williams recorded a double-double and season-high of 18 points and 11 rebounds, shooting 8-of-15 from the field, along with two steals in a 78–76 win over Maccabi Rishon LeZion. Williams helped Gilboa Galil to reach the 2018 Israeli League Playoffs, where they eventually were eliminated by Hapoel Jerusalem.
Return to the Charge (2018–present)
On September 16, 2018 the Cleveland Cavaliers signed Williams to a training camp contract, but was waived by the Cavaliers four days later. He then rejoined the Cavaliers’ G League affiliate, the Canton Charge.
- Parrish, Gary (August 19, 2015). "Arkansas dismisses Jacorey Williams after multiple offseason incidents". CBSSports.com. Retrieved April 30, 2017.
- Champlin, Drew (March 12, 2017). "Birmingham's JaCorey Williams relishes new opportunity at NCAA Tournament-bound Middle Tennessee". The Birmingham News. Retrieved April 30, 2017.
- "Cavaliers Sign JaCorey Williams". NBA.com. September 26, 2017. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- "Cavaliers Waive JaCorey Williams". NBA.com. September 27, 2017. Retrieved September 27, 2017.
- "Charge set roster for opener". cantonrep.com. November 2, 2017. Retrieved March 23, 2018.
- "Gilboa Galil signs JaCorey Williams". Sportando.com. March 22, 2018. Retrieved March 23, 2018.
- "Winner League, Game 26: Gilboa Galil Vs M. Rishon". basket.co.il. April 21, 2018. Retrieved August 5, 2018.
- "Cavaliers' JaCorey Williams: Signs deal with Cleveland". cbssports.com. September 16, 2018. Retrieved September 16, 2018.
- "JaCorey Williams: Waived by Cleveland". cbssports.com. September 20, 2018. Retrieved September 20, 2018.
- "Canton Charge 2018-19 Training Camp Roster". NBA.com. October 20, 2018. Retrieved October 21, 2018.