La Fortaleza and San Juan National Historic Site in Puerto Rico
|UNESCO World Heritage Site|
Castillo de San Felipe del Morro
|Location||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|Inscription||1983 (7th Session)|
|Area||33.39 ha (82.5 acres)|
These structures were built between the 15th and 19th centuries to defend the city and harbor of San Juan, and are examples of European military architecture adapted to port cities on the American continent. La Fortaleza was the first defensive fortification built for the city. The historic site also includes Castillo de San Felipe del Morro, Castillo de San Cristóbal, El Cañuelo, and three-fourths of the old city wall.
- List of World Heritage sites in the United States
- List of World Heritage sites in North America
- List of World Heritage sites in the Caribbean
- "La Fortaleza and San Juan National Historic Site in Puerto Rico". UNESCO. Retrieved October 2, 2019.
- Media related to La Fortaleza and San Juan National Historic Site in Puerto Rico at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a Puerto Rican building or structure related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|