Les Halles (Paris Métro)
|Paris Métro station|
Rue Turbigo × Rambuteau
Pl. des Verrières
1st arrondissement of Paris
|Opened||03 October 1977 |
(Replaced station built 21 April 1908)
The original station on 21 April 1908 as part of the first section of the line from Châtelet to Porte de Clignancourt to serve Les Halles (the old markets). The station was rebuilt in 1977 about ten metres further east to interchange with the new Châtelet - Les Halles RER station on RER lines A, B and D. This RER station is connected by underground corridors to the Métro station Châtelet on lines 1, 4, 7, 11 and 14, and Les Halles is therefore also connected with Châtelet. The Métro Line 4 is the only line that serves Les Halles, and it also serves the Châtelet station.
Les Halles serves the underground shopping center Forum des Halles. One of the floors of the Forum des Halles contains the Métro station.
|B1||Mezzanine for platform connection|
|Line 4 platform level||Side platform, doors will open on the right|
|Northbound||← toward Porte de Clignancourt (Étienne Marcel)|
|Southbound||toward Mairie de Montrouge (Châtelet) →|
|Side platform, doors will open on the right|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Les Halles (Paris Metro).|
- Roland, Gérard (2003). Stations de métro. D’Abbesses à Wagram. Éditions Bonneton.
|This article related to the Paris Métro is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|