Lycée Français de Los Angeles
|Le Lycée Français de Los Angeles|
Century City campus on Pico Blvd.
3261 Overland Avenue
|Motto||Cogito ergo sum|
|Founder||Esther and Raymond Kabbaz|
|Grades||Preschool through Grade 12|
|Accreditation||Western Association of Schools and Colleges|
Le Lycée Français de Los Angeles is a private bilingual education school founded in 1964.
As of March 2007 the school had more than 1,075 students, about 50-60% of them being French citizens and the remainder coming from over 54 citizenships.
It is composed of the following campuses:
- Campus 55 (Preschool and K1)
- Century City Campus (K2 and 1st Grade)
- Pacific Palisades Campus (Preschool through Grade 2)
- Overland Campus (Grade 2 through 8)
- The Raymond & Esther Kabbaz High School (Grade 9 through 12)
In 1980 the Lycee bought the 6.2-acre (2.5 ha) former Parkway School property, located in the Hollywood Riviera section of Torrance, from the Torrance Unified School District. This property became the Lycee's Torrance campus, and as of February 1990 the campus had 100 students. In November 1989 the Lycee sold the property.
- Leslie Bega, actress
- Mika Boorem, actress
- Christie Brinkley, model
- Jodie Foster, actress
- Noah Hathaway, actor[dubious ]
- Claire Danes, actress[dubious ]
- Kelli Williams, actress
- Agence pour l'enseignement français à l'étranger
- American School of Paris - An American international school in France
- "Presentation du Lycee." Lycée Français de Los Angeles. 28 March 2007. Retrieved on 29 June 2015.
- Rae-Dupree, Janet. "Development Fears Raised by Torrance School Sale : Land Use: Neighbors of 6.2-acre campus of Lycee Francais de Los Angeles ask City Council to retain current zoning." (Archive). Los Angeles Times. 16 February 1990. Retrieved on 29 June 2015.
- Rebello, Stephen (November 2002), "Sultry New Soprano" (PDF), Maxim, p. 204, archived from the original (PDF) on January 24, 2013
- Villarreal, Phil (September 28, 2001). "Tucson-Born Stars in the Making". Arizona Daily Star. Tucson, Arizona. p. E1 – via Newspapers.com.
- Dan Rattiner (23 May 2013). "Who's Here: Christie Brinkley, Model/Activist". DansHamptons.com. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
- Meter, Jonathan Van (6 January 1991). "Child of the Movies". The New York Times.
- Lee, Luaine (16 June 2010). "Kelli Williams of Lie to Me has showbiz in her blood". McClatchy-Tribune News Service. The Modesto Bee. Archived from the original on 2010-08-31. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Le Lycée Francais de Los Angeles" (Archive).
- (in French) Marie-Amélie Fauchier-Magnan. "Un nouveau campus pour le Lycée Français de Los Angeles" (Archive). France-Amérique. 14 September 2009.