Madonna and Child with Two Donors (van Dyck)
The identity of the two kneeling donors is unknown but they are probably a rich couple from Antwerp, where van Dyck was then working. It soon left its original location and is recorded in the collection of Louis XIV of France as early as 1685.
- Gian Pietro Bellori, Vite de' pittori, scultori e architecti moderni, Torino, Einaudi, 1976.
- Didier Bodart, Van Dyck, Prato, Giunti, 1997.
- Christopher Brown, Van Dyck 1599-1641, Milano, RCS Libri, 1999, ISBN 88-17-86060-3.
- Justus Müller Hofstede, Van Dyck, Milano, Rizzoli/Skira, 2004.
- Stefano Zuffi, Il Barocco, Verona, Mondadori, 2004.