Kleber with Germany in 2014
|No. 42 – Dallas Mavericks|
|Born||January 29, 1992|
|Listed height||6 ft 11 in (2.11 m)|
|Listed weight||240 lb (109 kg)|
|NBA draft||2014 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Maximilian "Maxi" Kleber (born January 29, 1992) is a German professional basketball player for the Dallas Mavericks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Standing at 2.11 m (6 ft 11 in), he plays at the power forward position.
Kleber played in the youth ranks of TG Veitshöchheim, SC Heuchelhof and TG Würzburg. He made his debut in Germany's top-flight Basketball Bundesliga during the 2011–12 season, representing the s.Oliver Baskets, a team based in his hometown Würzburg. In his first year, he was a role player on the team with an average of 7 minutes a game. In his second season, he grew to become an important player on the team, that averaged 9.9 points and 6.7 rebounds per game. In 2012, he declared for the NBA draft before removing his name from the list. He became auto-eligible for the NBA draft in 2014, but was not picked by any team.
In the 2014 off-season, he signed a two-year deal with Spanish club Obradoiro CAB. In the 2014–15 ACB season, he was named MVP of round 25 after scoring 36 points against Fuenlabrada. Kleber made 33 appearances in the league that year, averaging 11.5 points and 6.5 rebounds per game.
On July 1, 2015, Kleber returned to Germany and signed a two-year deal with Bayern Munich. In 2015–16, he played 24 Bundesliga games for Bayern, including 17 starts, averaging 8.0 points and 4.9 boards per game. He appeared in 37 games (37 starts) during the 2016–17 Bundesliga season, supplying averages of 9.0 points, 5.3 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "Maximilian Kleber wechselt nach Spanien". mainpost.de (in German). July 2, 2014. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- "Maximilian Kleber Player Profile". Basketball.realgm.com. Retrieved April 14, 2015.
- Maurer, Matthew. "Maximilian Kleber 2012 Underclassmen". www.thedraftreview.com. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- "Maximilian Kleber Player Profile, Bayern Munich, News, Rumors, International Stats, Events Stats, Game Logs, Awards – RealGM". basketball.realgm.com. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- "Obradoiro announces Maxi Kleber". Sportando.com. July 2, 2014. Retrieved April 14, 2015.
- "Maxi Kleber, Jugador de la Jornada 25" [Maxi Kleber, Player of the Round 25] (in Spanish). ACB.com. March 22, 2015. Retrieved April 15, 2015.
- "ACB.COM". www.acb.com. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- "Bayern Munich signs Maximilian Kleber to a two-year contract". sportando.com. July 1, 2015. Retrieved July 18, 2015.
- "Mavericks Sign Forward Maxi Kleber". NBA.com. July 13, 2017. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- "James Harden leads Rockets past Mavericks, 107–91". espn.com. October 22, 2017. Retrieved October 22, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maximilian Kleber.|