Mobile World Congress
|GSMA Mobile World Congress|
|Venue||Fira de Barcelona|
|Location(s)||Fira Barcelona Gran Via, Barcelona|
|Inaugurated||1987(as GSM World Congress)|
The GSMA MWC series (formally known as Mobile World Congress) is the world's largest exhibition for the mobile industry, and incorporates a thought-leadership conference featuring prominent executives representing global mobile operators, device manufacturers, technology providers, vendors, and content owners.
In 2014, GSMA rebranded the event, under the Mobile World Congress banner, by including "Mobile World Congress Shanghai."
MWC Barcelona, the largest of the series, usually takes place in February, but occasionally occurs during the first week of March. The location is the Fira Gran Via venue in Barcelona, Spain. Annual attendance is generally more than 100,000 people. Attendees represent more than 200 countries from across the globe.
In 2019, addressing the expansion of the event's focus beyond just mobile technology, Mobile World Congress evolved the event series to "MWC," retaining the familiar acronym, while placing less emphasis on "mobile" to reflect the broadening scope of communications today. It has rebranded its flagship event series to “MWC”, a refresh that will be applied across all three global MWC events. The 2019 events will be referred to as MWC19 Barcelona, MWC19 Shanghai and MWC19 Los Angeles.  MWC19 Barcelona is scheduled for 25 to 28 February, 2019. MWC19 Shanghai will be on 25 Jun 2019 – 27 Jun, 2019 and MWC19 Los Angeles on October 22 – October 24, 2019.
- The 2019 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from 25–28 February 2019
- GSMA Mobile World Congress Americas took place from 12–14 September 2018
- The 2018 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from 25–28 February 2018
- The 2017 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from 27 February–2 March 2017
- The 2016 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from 22–25 February 2016
- The 2015 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from 2–5 March 2015
- The 2014 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from 24–27 February 2014
- The 2013 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from 25–28 February 2013
- The 2012 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from 27 February–1 March 2012
- The 2011 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from 14–17 February 2011
- The 2010 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from 15–18 February 2010
- The 2009 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from 16–19 February 2009
Shane Smith of Vice Media during Mobile World Congress 2017
- "GSMA Mobile World Congress".
- "MWC claims 60,000 visitors as dates shift". Global Telecoms Business.
- GSMA held Mobile World Congress Shanghai on 15-17 July, 2015 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC). 
- "GSMA wraps 'hugely successful' MWC18 despite fewer attendees than expected | FierceWireless". www.fiercewireless.com. Retrieved 2018-07-30.
- "GSMA Names Barcelona the First Mobile World Capital - Newsroom". gsma.com (Press release). 22 July 2011. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- Peter Clarke, EE Times. "Barcelona selected to host MWC through 2018." 22 July 2011. Retrieved 25 July 2011.
- Alberto J. Sánchez. "Barcelona selected to host MWC through 2023." 14 July 2015.
- CDN Solutions Group "will be present in Mobile World Congress 2018 Barcelona." 31 January 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mobile World Congress.|