Pałac Mostowskich w Warszawie ‹See Tfd›(in Polish)
|Architectural style||Neoclassical (1823-24)|
|Town or city||Warsaw|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Antonio Corazzi (façade)|
The palace was purchased by the government and rebuilt in 1823-24 in the classicist style to a design by Antonio Corazzi. The building became the seat of Congress Poland's Commission of Internal Affairs and Police, and a venue of concerts by Fryderyk Chopin.
Renovated in 1920, it became the seat of various municipal offices. During World War II, in 1944, it was destroyed by the Germans, except for the facade. After the war, in 1949, the Mostowski Palace was rebuilt. It is now the seat of Warsaw's police headquarters.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mostowski Palace.|
- "Pałac Mostowskich". www.warszawa1939.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2009-03-23.