Museu Barbier-Mueller d'Art Precolombí
logo of the Museum
|Established||May 27, 1997|
Specialising in pre-Columbian artworks and artefacts
|Public transit access||Metro line 4 (Jaume I station) or|
line 1 (Urquinaona station)
The Museu Barbier-Mueller d'Art Precolombí (its local name in Catalan; also known in Spanish: Museo Barbier-Mueller de Arte Precolombino, and in English: Barbier-Mueller Pre-Columbian Art Museum) was the only museum in Europe devoted exclusively to the artistic legacy of the pre-Columbian cultures of the Americas. It was located in the Catalan capital of Barcelona, Spain. The museum was established in 1997 to house the pre-Columbian art collection formerly held by its parent museum, the Barbier-Mueller Museum in Genève, Switzerland, which was loaned to the city of Barcelona. In 2012, the museum was unable to reach a purchase agreement with the collection's owner Jean Paul Barbier-Mueller. Subsequently, the world's most important Pre-Columbian collection in private hands (according to El País) was split and auctioned at Southeby's on 22 March 2013.
- Fogel, Jonathan; Philippe Bourgoin (1997). "Editorial" (reproduced online). The World of Tribal Arts / Le monde de l'art tribal. Summer. St. Peter Port, Guernsey, Channel Islands: Tribarts. 97. ISSN 1354-2990. OCLC 31001532.
- Riding, Alan (1997-07-13). "Wanting the World to See What Pleases Him". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-03-27.
- Wagner, Elizabeth (2006). "Selected Collections and Museums". In Nikolai Grube (ed.). Maya: Divine Kings of the Rain Forest. Eva Eggebrecht and Matthias Seidel (assistant eds.). Cologne, Germany: Könemann. pp. 450–455. ISBN 978-3-8331-1957-6. OCLC 71165439.
- , Catalog of the pieces sold at auction at Sotheby's in March 2013 which formerly constituted the museum's collection
- Barbier-Mueller Museum of Barcelona, Barbier-Mueller Museums collective website ‹See Tfd›(in English) ‹See Tfd›(in French) (in Catalan) ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish)
- Friends of the Barbier-Mueller Pre-Columbian Art Museum, details of exhibitions, publications, lectures and visitor information ‹See Tfd›(in English) ‹See Tfd›(in French) (in Catalan) ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish)
- Museu Barbier-Mueller d'Art Precolombí collection, notes on cultures represented with photos and information on selected art objects
- Museu Barbier-Mueller d’Art Precolombí in Barcelona (deutsch)
|This article about a museum in Catalonia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to indigenous Mesoamerican culture is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to an art display, art museum or gallery is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|