Mystic Marriage of Saint Catherine (Parmigianino, Louvre)
|Mystic Marriage of Saint Catherine|
|Medium||oil on panel|
|Dimensions||20 cm × 27 cm (7.9 in × 11 in)|
It dates to the painter's time in Bologna or a few years earlier during his stay in Rome. From 1638 to 1687 it was owned by don Gaspar Mendez de Haroy Guzman, the Spanish ambassador to Rome, before passing to Giovanni Battista Sommariva. It was acquired in 1823 by Frédéric Reiset and then in 1992 by its current owner the Louvre, as a gift from the Société des amis du Louvre
Three copies of it are known in the Pushkin Museum in Moscow, in the Campori collection in Modena and one in a private collection sold at Phillips in London on 19 April 1994.