National Research Centre
The National Research Centre is an Egyptian research and development center for multiple disciplines including agriculture, chemistry, biology, medicine, engineering and genetics. It was established in 1956 "to foster basic and applied scientific research, particularly in industry, agriculture, public health and other sectors of national economy". The NRC is the largest institution affiliated with the ministry of Scientific Research.. It has a research staff of 4847 scientists and is headed by a president with two vice presidents for research and technical affairs.
The NRC is divided into 14 Divisions and 111 Departments. The following are all the divisions in the NRC:
- Agriculture and Biology Research Division
- Chemical Industries Research Division
- Engineering Research Division
- Environmental Sciences Research Division
- Food Industry and Nutrition Division
- Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Division
- Inorganic Chemical Industries and Mineral Resources Division
- Medical Sciences Division
- Pharmaceutical Industries Division
- Physics Division
- Textile Industries Division
- Veterinary Research Division
- Human Genetics & Genome Researches
- Oral & Dental Research Division
- "Divisions". National Research Centre. Archived from the original on 2010-01-21. Retrieved 2010-04-05.
- "History". National Research Centre. Archived from the original on 2010-03-26. Retrieved 2010-04-05.
- "Mission". National Research Centre. Archived from the original on 2010-06-04. Retrieved 2010-04-05.