Niagara Falls Review
|Owner(s)||Metroland Media Group (Torstar)|
|Founder(s)||William Henry Anger|
James Edwin Anger
|City||Niagara Falls, Ontario|
The Niagara Falls Review is a daily newspaper published in Niagara Falls and also serving the nearby towns of Fort Erie and Niagara-on-the-Lake area in Ontario, Canada. The paper is owned by Metroland Media Group, a subsidiary of Torstar.
The Niagara Falls Review has been the local newspaper in Niagara Falls since 1879 and founded by William Henry Anger and James Edwin Anger.
Publishing daily since the 1930s, The Review currently competes with a weekly Metroland paper. Other papers available in its coverage area include the four Toronto dailies, the Hamilton Spectator and the St. Catharines Standard.
Review's office is located at 4424 Queen Street, but was once located on 4656 Erie Avenue (Louis Fisher Cigar Store) from 1879 to 1889, then Park Street. and at 4801 Valley Way from 1952 to 2014.
The Niagara Falls Review was one of several Postmedia newspapers purchased by Torstar in a transaction between the two companies which concluded on November 27, 2017. The paper will continue to be published by the Metroland Media Group subsidiary of Torstar.
- "Postmedia and Torstar swap dozens of community papers, but will shut down most of them". CBC News. The Canadian Press. November 27, 2017. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- Kopun, Francine (November 27, 2017). "Torstar, Postmedia announce community and daily paper deal". Toronto Star. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
|This article about a Canadian newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|