Palace of Maffei Marescotti
|Palace of Maffei Marescotti|
Palazzo Maffei Marescotti or Palazzo del Vicariato
Is an ancient palace, originally a nobiliary palace, located in the Rione Pigna, on the corner of Via dei Cestari and Via della Pigna, next to the Church of the Holy Stigmata of St. Francis.
The palace was designed in 1580 by Giacomo Della Porta on behalf of Cardinal Marcantonio Maffei, which involved the demolition of some houses of families, who were in the Piazza della Pigna in front of the building that had been the family of Stefano Porcari. After the death of the Cardinal Maffei reached in 1583 and the unfinished building began a long series of changes of ownership and different uses. The Count Marescotti in the 18th-century refurbished the palace using the services of the architect Ferdinando Fuga.
- Stoppa, Massimo (2003-01-01). Il Palazzo del Vicariato alla Pigna: Palazzo Maffei Marescotti (in Italian). Nuova Argos. ISBN 9788888693033.
- Wasserman, Jack (1966-01-01). Ottaviano Mascarino and His Drawings in the Accademia Nazionale Di San Luca. Published under the auspices of the Accademia nazionale di San Luca [distributed by Libreria internazionale Modernissima, Rome].
- AA Files: Annals of the Architectural Association School of Architecture. The Association. 1981-01-01.
- Blunt, Anthony (1982-01-01). Guide to Baroque Rome. Granada. ISBN 9780246117625.
- Accurata, E Succinta Descrizione Topografica, E Istorica Di Roma, Volume 1, by Ridolfino Venturini, published by Carlo Barbellieni, Rome (1768); page 277.