This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Current head office
|Founder||José Manuel Lara Hernández|
|Successor||José Manuel Lara García|
|Country of origin||Spain|
|Publication types||Books, Comics, Newspapers, Magazines|
History and profile
Planeta owns over 70 publishing houses worldwide. It publishes the newspaper La Razón. Besides publishing, the group operates in the areas of collectibles, training, direct marketing, distance learning, and audiovisual media.
With its purchase of Editis in 2009, it became one of the largest publishers in the world, with over 1 billion dollars of revenue that year. Both in 2013 and 2014 the company was the eight largest book publisher in the world.
- Editorial Planeta (including Planeta Cómic)
- Ediciones Destino
- Emecé Editores
- Planeta DeAgostini
- Planeta Junior
- Seix Barral
- "Legal Warning Archived 2010-11-20 at the Wayback Machine." Planeta. Retrieved on 20 December 2010. "Planeta Corporación, S.R.L. is a Spanish business entity, with address at Av. Diagonal, 662-664, 08034 Barcelona, Spain,"
- Planeta moves its head office to Madrid. El Español, 10 October 2017
- "Country Profile: Spain". Institute of Media and Communications Study. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- "Global Publishing Leaders 2014: Planeta". Publishers Weekly. 27 June 2014. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "The World's 56 Largest Book Publishers, 2014". Publishers Weekly. 27 June 2014. Retrieved 27 March 2015.