RCS & RDS
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Number of locations
|308 (in Romania as February 2016)|
|Serghei Bulgac CEO|
|Products||Telephone, Internet, Wireless, Television|
|Revenue||€1,04 billion (2018)|
|€21.14 million (2018)|
Number of employees
|almost 13,000 (2018)|
RCS & RDS (formerly Romanian Cable System & Romanian Data System) is one of the biggest telecommunication operators in Central and Eastern Europe and the largest cable and satellite television company in Romania. It offers cable television, cable internet, VOIP, 3G, 4G, 5G services and, since 2004, satellite television (Digi TV).
It provides services in Romania as well as in Spain, Hungary, and Italy.
- Cable Communications Systems NV – 88.54%
- RCS&RDS SA with – 7.83%
- Zoltán Teszári – 1.77%
- 14 individuals associates – 1.86%
The company, which is based in Bucharest, Romania, was formed in April 2005 by the de jure merger of Romania Cable Systems (RCS) and Romania Data Systems (RDS). The companies were under the same ownership from the very beginning and operating de facto as a single unit long before that.
As of 2017, the company has:
- 3.9 million for the mobile phone service Digi.Mobil.
- 3.3 million customers for the cable TV service DigiTV.Cablu.
- 2.5 million for its broadband Internet service Digi.Net.
- 1.7 million for the landline phone system service Digi.Tel.
- 0.9 million customers for the satellite television service DigiTV.Satelit.
In 2014 the company controlled the fourth largest mobile operator in Romania, and succeeded in winning a mobile operator licence in Hungary (to be deployed by 2016).
- Digi.Net: Residential or Business broadband connection on cable, FTTB or FTTH infrastructure.
- Digi.Net Mobil: 3G mobile internet service available in Romania.
- Digi.Tel: Residential or business VOIP on cable, FTTB or FTTH infrastructure.
- Digi.Tv: Satellite television and Cable television.
- Digi.Mobil: 3G mobile telephony and mobile internet operating on 2100 MHz and 900 MHz and 4G mobile internet operating on TDD 2600 MHz band 38 and FDD 2100 MHz band 1.
- Digi Move: 3G mobile internet service available in Hungary.
RCS&RDS Digital TV Channels
Beside the base package, it offers additional subscriptions.
RCS&RDS Digi.Mobil in Romania
The following is a list of known frequencies which Digi.Mobil uses in Romania:
|226||05||900 MHz||8||UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+ (21.6 Mbit/s/5.76 Mbit/s)||3G||RCS&RDS started using this frequency band from 6 April 2014 for better indoor coverage.|
|226||05||2100 MHz||1||UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+ (21.6 Mbit/s/5.76 Mbit/s)||3G|
|226||05||2100 MHz||1||LTE (75 Mbit/s/37.5 Mbit/s)||4G||FDD-LTE network launched on 6 October 2016|
|226||05||2600 MHz||38||LTE-TDD (112 Mbit/s)||4G||TDD-LTE network launched on 1 October 2015|
|226||05||3700 MHz||n78||5G (unknown Mbit/s)||5G||TDD 5G network launched on 27 June 2019|
RCS&RDS Digi.Mobil in Hungary
|216||03||1800 MHz||3||LTE (50 Mbit/s)||4G||TDD-LTE network launched on 28 May 2019 |
|216||03||3500 MHz||42||5G (-- Mbit/s)||5G||TDD network Deployment |
This section does not cite any sources. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- RCS & RDS is Romania's largest adopter of Fiber to the building (FTTB) and Fiber to the home (FTTH).
- RCS & RDS also operates two mobile virtual networks over Movistar in Spain and TIM in Italy for the Romanians living in these countries.
- In February 2011 RCS & RDS launched mobile internet service in Hungary under the Digi Move brand. This service is run over Telenor Hungary's infrastructure.
- "Despre RCS&RDS" (in Romanian). RCS & RDS.
- Adevărata faţă a conducerii RCS-RDS Archived 2013-06-09 at the Wayback Machine
- Changes in the RCS&RDS shareholding structure, June 07, 2012, BR Business Review
- Company financial report for 2017
- http://www.tvchannellists.com/List_of_Channels_on_RCS%26RDS List of Channels on RCS & RDS
- "28 May 2019". broadbandtvnews.com. 28 May 2019. Retrieved 20 June 2019.
- "28 May 2019". spectrummonitoring.com. 28 May 2019. Retrieved 20 June 2019.