List of New York City Ballet dancers
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of New York City Ballet dancers.
Former corps de ballet
Janice Levin Award dancers
- Alexandra Ansanelli left NYCB to join The Royal Ballet, London.
- Peter Boal retired from NYCB to assume the position of artistic director at the Pacific Northwest Ballet; Miranda Weese left NYCB to join PNB two years later.
- Nikolaj Hübbe retired from NYCB to assume the position of artistic director at the Royal Danish Ballet.
- Sébastien Marcovici and Janie Taylor held a joint farewell Saturday, March 2nd, 2014.
- "On June 22 ... Kyra Nichols ... leaves the Company having served longer than any other NYCB ballerina. NYCB Chronology 2000–2009". Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- NY Times review of Charles Askegard's farewell by Alastair Macaulay, October 10, 2011
- NY Times review of Yvonne Borree's farewell by Claudia La Rocco, June 7, 2010
- NY Times review of Albert Evans' farewell by Claudia La Rocco, June 21, 2010
- NY Times review of Darci Kistler's farewell by Alastair Macaulay, June 28, 2010
- NY Times review of Philip Neal's farewell performance by Roslyn Sulcas, June 14, 2010
- NY Times, July 30, 2005 "City Ballet Principal Leaves the Nest" by Gina Kourlas
- "Cupcakes & Conversation with Megan Fairchild, Principal, New York City Ballet". Ballet News. July 9, 2010. Retrieved July 8, 2017.
- Gonzalo Garcia joined as a principal dancer in 2007.
- Nikolaj Hübbe joined as a principal dancer in 1992.
- Charles Askegard joined as a soloist in 1997.
- Joaquín De Luz joined as a soloist in 2003.
- NYCB has two sets of siblings: Jared and Tyler Angle, and Megan and Robert Fairchild, all of whom are principal dancers. Abi and Jonathan Stafford are also siblings; both were principal dancers until Jonathan retired and became a ballet master in 2014. What is more, the Fairchilds are, respectively, divorced from and married to other City Ballet principal dancers, Andrew Veyette and Tiller Peck.
- "Nicholas Magallanes, Dancer, 54; City Ballet's First Orpheus, in '48". Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- Anna Kisselgoff. Francisco Moncion, 76, A Charter Member of the New York City Ballet, "The New York Times" - Obituary, April 4, 1995
- Restless Creature: Wendy Whelan is a documentary directed by Linda Saffire and Adam Schlesinger which documents Whelan's final season and performance with NYCB.
- Carla Körbes and Seth Orza left NYCB to join Pacific Northwest Ballet.
- Edwaard Liang is now dancing with Morphoses/The Wheeldon Company.
- Adams, Rebecca (October 1, 2014). "Kathryn Morgan, Former New York City Ballet Dancer, On What It's Like To Gain Weight In The Dance World". Retrieved November 5, 2018 – via Huff Post.
- "Mel Tomlinson, Master of Ballet and Modern Dance - NC DNCR". www.ncdcr.gov. Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- Christopher Wheeldon assumed the position of NYCB choreographer-in-residence and resident artist.
- "Cupcakes & Conversation with Lydia Wellington, Corps de ballet, New York City Ballet". Ballet News. February 8, 2011. Retrieved July 8, 2017.
- Wakin, Daniel J (July 22, 2009). "Sudden Finale". New York Times. Retrieved April 25, 2011.
- Catton, Pia (February 15, 2013). "A Teacher Who Keeps Them on Their Toes". The Wall Street Journal. Archived from the original on September 23, 2015.
- "Levin Award". NYCB. Retrieved April 27, 2017.