Sabadell Airport

Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sabadell Airport

Aeroport de Sabadell
Vista Pista Aeroport de Sabadell.JPG
Airport typePublic
LocationSabadell, Spain
Elevation AMSL485 ft / 148 m
Coordinates41°31′N 2°6′E / 41.517°N 2.100°E / 41.517; 2.100Coordinates: 41°31′N 2°6′E / 41.517°N 2.100°E / 41.517; 2.100
Direction Length Surface
m ft
13/31 1,050 3,444 Asphalt
Statistics (2016)
Movements change 15-16Increase20.1%
Sources: Aena[2]

Sabadell Airport (ICAO: LELL) is located next to the city of Sabadell, 20 kilometres (12 mi) from Barcelona's city centre, in Catalonia. This, and the Cuatro Vientos Airport, are the most important airports for general aviation in Spain. There are more than 200 aircraft registered at this airport, completing around 150.000 operations per year. There are more than 400 people working at these facilities, including training schools, workshops, etc. This airport hosts the oldest aviation club in Spain.

70% of the activity of this airport is devoted to pilot training (both fixed wing and rotary). The other 30% is for advertising flights, photography, and aerotaxi, private flights and institutional flights.


External links[edit]