Sean White (American football)
|High school||Fort Lauderdale (FL) University Nova South|
|Born:||November 10, 1995|
Boca Raton, Florida
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||211 lb (96 kg)|
White attended University School of Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He passed for 2,679 yards and 30 touchdowns as a senior. He was the MVP of the 2014 Under Armour All-America Game after completing 10 of 12 passes for 156 yards with a touchdown. White was rated as a four-star recruit by Rivals.com and was ranked among the top quarterbacks in his class. He committed to Auburn University to play college football.
White redshirted his first year at Auburn in 2014. He started his redshirt freshman year in 2015 as the backup to Jeremy Johnson. After three games, Johnson was benched and White was named the starter. White started his first college game vs Mississippi State. White started a total of six games in 2015 and finished the year with 1,167 passing yards, one touchdown pass against 4 interceptions, and a 58 percent completion percentage.
In 2016, White battled Jeremy Johnson and John Franklin III for the starting quarterback job. On August 25, 2016, White was named the starting quarterback by head coach Gus Malzahn. White played in eleven games and finished the season with 1,679 passing yards, 9 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, and a 63.9 completion percentage.
In 2017, White lost the position of quarterback to Jarrett Stidham and was suspended for the first two games of the season for undisclosed reason. Despite no longer being officially suspended, White did not appear in the third game of the season against Mercer.
On September 18, 2017, White was dismissed from the team following a public intoxication arrest.
White was arrested and charged with public intoxication shortly before 3 a.m. on September 17, 2017. Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn dismissed White from the team the next day, stating: "He has made poor decisions that are not in the best interest of our program, and more importantly, himself." In February 2018, a municipal court judge in the city of Auburn dismissed the public intoxication charge against White and ordered him to pay court costs and complete 20 hours of community service.
- "Auburn QB commit Sean White earns Under Armour All-America Game MVP honors". AL.com.
- "Sean White". yahoo.com.
- "Auburn gets commitment from Elite 11 MVP Sean White (with video)". AL.com.
- "University School QB Sean White commits to Auburn". tribunedigital-sunsentinel.
- Fox Sports. "Auburn preparing QB Sean White for game action this fall". FOX Sports.
- "Auburn Tigers switching quarterbacks, will start Sean White over Jeremy Johnson". ESPN.com.
- "Sean White will start at quarterback for Auburn against Mississippi State". AL.com.
- Marcello, Brandon (August 25, 2016). "Auburn names its starting quarterback". 247Sports. Retrieved August 25, 2016.
- Zenitz, Matt. "Auburn QB Sean White dismissed from team following arrest". AL.com. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- Crepea, James (February 15, 2018). "Public intoxication charge against former Auburn quarterback Sean White dismissed". AL.com. Retrieved July 23, 2018.