Taxicab, Limousine & Paratransit Association (US)
The Taxicab, Limousine & Paratransit Association (TLPA) is a non-profit trade association of and for the private passenger transportation industry which includes taxicabs, executive sedan and limousine services, airport shuttle fleets, non-emergency medical transportation companies, and paratransit services. It is based in Rockville, Maryland.
Formed in 1917, the organization is worldwide. Over 1,100 businesses are members of the TLPA. Among their activities and resources is an annual conference which was in San Antonio, Texas in 2014.
The TLPA and Uber and other transit tech companies have a "publicly contentious relationship". The TLPA launched "Who's Driving You," a campaign to expose the regulatory issues the association believes Uber, Lyft, and other transit mobile apps are violating."
- McGarry, Caitlin (February 28, 2014). "Taxi group wants to hear your complaints about Uber, Lyft, and Sidecar". TechHive. Retrieved March 10, 2015.
- "About Us". TLPA.org. Taxicab, Limousine & Paratransit Association. 2015. Retrieved March 10, 2015.
- "TLPA Home". TLPA.org. Taxicab, Limousine & Paratransit Association. 2015. Retrieved March 10, 2015.
- Bhuiyan, Johana (November 25, 2014). "Uber Security Staffer Went Undercover at Taxi Conference". BuzzFeed. Retrieved March 10, 2015.
- Heaton, Brian (August 20, 2014). "Uber Hires Former Obama Strategist to Lead Political Affairs". Government Technology. e.Republic. Retrieved March 10, 2015.
|This organization-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|