|Transit type||Bicycle sharing system|
|Number of stations||316|
|Began operation||1 August 2012|
|Number of vehicles||4,660|
Veturilo is a public bicycle sharing system in Warsaw, Poland, launched on 1 August 2012 with 55 stations and 1000 bicycles in 3 districts - Śródmieście (city centre), Bielany and Ursynów, 2 other stations started operating in the middle of August in Wilanów. It is the biggest public bicycle sharing system in Poland  and the fifth largest in Europe. It is also considered one of the most successful bike sharing systems in the world.
The name Veturilo was chosen in an internet contest. It is an Esperanto word meaning vehicle. Internet users submitted nearly a thousand proposals, and a jury chose a short-list of six. In the next step, during an internet vote, users chose the name Veturilo (with 32% of votes); other proposals were: Wawabike (26%), Ziuuu (12%), Rowerynka (12%), Bajker (11%) and Wabik (6%).
Bicycles are available for 9 months of the year, from 1 March to 30 November. In order to use the system, users need to register and pay a 10 zł initial fee. The first 20 minutes of the ride are free of charge, longer rides cost at least 1 zł. A bicycle can be used for up to 12 hours, there is a 200 zł fee for exceeding this limit, and after 13 hours the operator can report the bicycle as stolen to the police. The fee for the theft, loss or destruction of a bicycle is 2000 zł.
|time||20 min||1 h||2 h||3 h||4 h and each additional hour||exceeding 12 h|
|rate||free||1 zł||3 zł||5 zł||7 zł||200 zł|
- , mp (2014-10-21). "Przybywa dróg i wypożyczalni". rowery.um.warszawa.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2014-11-03.
- "Cycle with Veturilo in Warsaw". ztm.waw.pl. ZTM Warszawa. 2012-08-02. Retrieved 2012-08-26.
- "Zakręć w Wilanowie". www.veturilo.waw.pl (in Polish). Archived from the original on 1 May 2013. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "Warszawa będzie miała rower publiczny". polskanarowery.sport.pl (in Polish). 2012-06-08. Retrieved 2012-08-24.
- Internet, JSK. "Polish bicycle market – Poles buy more bikes than cars". Ministry of Treasury. Retrieved 2017-10-11.
- "What's the origin of Veturilo name?". www.veturilo.waw.pl. Retrieved 2012-08-24.
- "Information". veturilo.waw.pl. Retrieved 2012-08-26.
- "Veturilo compatible with Bemowo Bike rental systems". www.veturilo.waw.pl. Retrieved 2012-08-24.
- Media related to Veturilo at Wikimedia Commons